Today I was in a determined and surprisingly energetic mood considering I hadn't slept at all the night before. I did see the first couple of miners come up though out of the San Jose Mine. Glad they are well.
First of all I picked up all the turf and binned it, the pile of plant debris and binned it, and moved everything that didn't need to be there.
I then got to work making the raised beds. I semi made the middle front bed just so that I could make sure that the wall side raised bed would be level with the one by the path on the right.
The long piece of wood was made up of three bits which I had to attach together, then I levelled underneath this wood and attached the two ends. I need to stake this in to press it against the wall and line it with compost bags.
Then I made up the two middle beds. I unfortunately spent a bit of money on not the best wood no doubt as it did tend to split a bit. This wood was used on the backs of the beds so it won't notice too much that they are different.
I had a bit of the wood left enough to make one small bed by the shed. My thoughts are that perhaps this could be used for fruit.
The middle beds need to be levelled as they are way out, paint the bits not painted and then I have to line them both with compost bags as well. Then the fun really begins in earnest. Filling them all up with the soil that I have. I also have paths to make with the black membrane that I have and I would like to get some nice bark mulch to lay over the top quite thickly.
Once all of this is done, and if I have enough funds by then I would like to get some of that lovely woven willow lawn edging to go along the very front of these beds just to set it off and make it look more attractive.
The first thing I will plant will be the garlic and onion sets that I haven't bought yet!